by Dale Russell
In case you didn’t know, Visions of Hope (VOH) is taking a team to Otino Waa Children’s Village (OTW) the first two weeks of April. We are a small team (5), but are planning to accomplish major goals. Here’s a quick overview;
- Gather video from the inmate sponsors, show them to the OTW kids AND get responses!
- Get new photos of the inmate sponsors and the kids to exchange with each other.
- Bless the house moms with simple gifts (made by inmates) and designated times with them, including bible study or one-on-one.
- Gathering food and medical supplies for a rural village.
- Visit a baby orphanage and bless them with cash.
- Visit Hope for Humans and bless them with cash.
- Initiate an art project that creatively includes both inmates and orphans!
Why go in the first place? You might have those, “but what about”, or “why go to the trouble?” Here’s what you need to know about this team.
- We go to strengthen the relationship between inmates and orphans.
- The video has voice and face. Trade places and imagine your reaction!
- This will be memorable for everyone. We will hear about this for years to come!
- There is a long-term chain reaction. Ask anyone on this team!
- God is always creating opportunity, we want to be part of the stories.
- This blends perfectly with instructions already given;
God in his holy dwelling is a father of the fatherless and a champion of widows.
God provides homes for those who are deserted.
He leads out the prisoners to prosperity.
“……I was in prison and you visited me. Matthew 25:36
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17
World Changers? Really?
Inmates to orphans, orphans to inmates AND both to me and YOU. If you can picture this or if you believe it can be true, we have an invitation. We just placed a new post on Facebook giving you a glimpse of what these passionate inmates are saying to their OTW kids. Also, discover more about the team and how YOU can be part of the projects.
Vision with action can change the world. Can we do this together?
Go to our (NEW!) Facebook page.